- Posted by: aquiliti
- Category: Automation, Business Intelligence, Business plans, Finance & accounting, Innovation, Procurement
Project: Effective category management enabled by digital category plans
The procurement team wanted to demonstrate and deliver the value of category management to the business given that the team had poor visibility on spend by category and status of activities. Category plans were in place; however, these were static and complex documents developed and looked at irregularly.
Simplification of traditional category plan documents into clear and quantitative milestones by using digital dashboards to visualise key indicators and insights. Identification and standardisation of data sources by category was also undertaken.
- Promoted greater collaboration and learning amongst the Category Managers
- Improved data quality across the categories data sources
- Increased capacity of team to focus on strategic procurement activities
- Enhanced the visibility of the business’ successes and risks to the management team